URGENT CALL TO ACTION:
This coming Wednesday, June 15th, Hillsborough County Commissioner Kevin Beckner will ask his colleagues to stand in solidarity with our Tampa Bay and Orlando communities by doing three things:
– Raise the Pride Flag at the County Center
– Officially recognize June as LGBT Pride Month in Hillsborough County
– Set aside June 12th each year as a day of remembrance for the victims of the Orlando shootings
Exactly 11 years ago on Wednesday, June 15, 2005, the previous Board of County Commissioners voted to ban Gay Pride. These types of discriminatory policies move us further away from equality and divide us as residents of Hillsborough County. We’ve come so far in 11 years, and now is a time to continue the progress we’ve made.
Please commit to doing the three actions below.
1. Email your county commissioner to express your support to stand in solidarity with our Tampa Bay and Orlando communities by raising the Pride Flag, recognizing June as LGBT Pride Month and setting aside June 12th as day of remembrance: https://webappsnet.hillsboroughcounty.org/…/ContactCommissi…
2. Wear a red shirt and attend the Hillsborough County Commission meeting on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 601 East Kennedy Blvd. You may express to the board your support and personal testimony during public comment, which begins at 9 a.m. Sign up for public comment starts at 8:30 a.m. The agenda item is scheduled at 11:45 a.m.
Immediately following the meeting, the LGBT Pride Flag will be raised.
3. Share this CALL TO ACTION!