Tuesday, April 28th, at 9:00 a.m. or thereafter
Effective March 24, 2020, residential and commercial tenants throughout Marin County may not be evicted because of a sudden loss of income tied to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Resolution applies to all rentals in every city, town, and unincorporated area of Marin County and lasts until May 31.
The Marin Board of Supervisors will discuss amendments to this Resolution on April 28th including:
- a 90-day repayment period to repay back rent,
- additional language encouraging landlords and tenants to agree on a payment plan during the Moratorium period,
- an additional requirement for landlords to provide a written notice of the Eviction Moratorium Resolution before taking any action or changing the terms of the lease,and
- additional language which prohibits landlords from harassing or intimidating tenants for acts or omissions expressly permitted pursuant to the Eviction Moratorium Resolution.
How to Watch the Meeting and Participate
- Watch the meeting at https://cmcm.tv/livegovor tune in to Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99; or
- Watch the live stream online through the Board of Supervisors’ website at www.marincounty.org/depts/bs/meeting-archive
- This meeting will include closed captioning in both English and Spanish and will also be interpreted in Spanish. For Spanish audio interpretation, call 408-418-9388 (event number/access code: 961 458 623) during the meeting.
To comment during the meeting:
While the meeting is in progress, complete the specific comment form available at www.marincounty.org/boscomments for each agenda item you want to “speak” on. During the meeting, your comment will be read with up to a time limit set by the Board President and will become part of the public record. Spanish interpretation will also be available for comments.
Visit www.marincounty.org/renterlandlord for more information and resources.
Follow me on Twitter – @MelanieNathan1
Check out my Instagram: Commissionermelnathan
My websites: www.AfricanHRC.org