By Melanie Nathan, April 12, 2105
Today Hillary Clinton will announce her candidacy for President of the United States of America. While she has yet to outline her campaign goals, the support amongst Democrats for her run has been enormous, with huge expectations by the Gays ( I use term Gays collectively here to represent LGBTI) community for an ally to continue the pro-equality stance of the Obama administration.
1) She is a WOMAN ….
2) We trust that Hillary Clinton will support Full Federal Equality Legislation for LGBT people, noting her evolution on the issue of equality for all to include lesbians, gays, bisexual and trans people;
3) Hillary Clinto supports decriminalization of global anti-homosexuality laws. While in the State Department Hillary came out voraciously against Uganda’s Kill the Gays Bill . “I’m well aware that you do your work often amidst difficult, even dangerous circumstances. I know that some of your lives have been threatened, your friends and families intimidated. But I want you to know that the United States is and will be your partner.” Hillary Clinton”;
4) Republicans who hate gays are terrified of Hillary… and that is a sign of her effectiveness;
5) Republicans will continue to use Hillary’s support of LGBT equality as a wedge issue which will continue to contribute – especially amongst the younger generation – to GOP implode;
6) As First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton lived the horror of DOMA and DADT under her husband’s pen – while we wonder what she did not do at the time to thwart his thinking – now she must make it right – redemption time and her heart is there! #FullyEVOLVED;
7) Hillary Clinton’s Human Rights Day speech has was indeed a historic moment not just for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights movement, but for the nation as a whole. She noted “gay rights are human rights”;
8) Hillary respects Marriage equality;
9) The Clinto Campaign Manager is openly Gay; and
10) Hillary Clinton undoubtedly has the support of MOST people in the LGBT community.
AND UPDATE 3.00 PM PST 4/12/15:
Hillary Clinton announces candidacy in Video on her website – here it is and note the inclusion on LGBT
Presidential candidacy announcement video: https://t.co/Q85Y9q1oeT
@HillaryClinton #HILLARYforPRESIDENT #LGBTforHILLARY #HILLARY
8 thoughts on “Top 10 Reasons Why Hillary Clinton is Good for Gays”
I admit I am not a fan of “the dynasties,” and the same goes for Jeb Bush. However, in light of the ugly comments by Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee – and now Rand Paul, who knows better than to pander to the Christian Right – this may mark the first time I vote for a Democrat OR I may explore a third party for the first time. I am certainly NOT going to vote for someone who would take away my rights.
I’m afraid that President Obama and Ms. Clinton were “late to the dance” in supporting same-sex marriage, and it wasn’t too long ago that we heard black Democrats saying, “Don’t compare my skin to your sin,” but I will have to suck it up and accept that “people change.” I would WELCOME that change from Republicans, but pandering remains the rule, I disgustingly recognize. (Now there’s an adverb you don’t see much).
Good for you Jim -Proud of you – we are all evolving somewhere somehow in different aspects of our lives – thanks for and being so open….
I should not say it is “frustrating” to be open-minded, but it is tough to turn a page, forgive former adversaries and “love our neighbors as we love ourselves.” That is, admittedly, a human short-coming and I suppose it’s why Jesus, the Buddha and Gandhi are so provocative.
It is harder to reason with Christians professing hatred than to yell back, yet the last thing they need is to be treated like they treat others – the NEED a good example. Without condescending, I try to think of racists, sexists and anti-gay folks as “wounded” and in need of spiritual or mental health assistance.
All, the best: have a marvelous Sunday. As to Mrs. Clinton, I hope you DID catch the SNL skit, last night. It’s going to be an interesting – and humorous – year.
You may need to add this: RT @speechboy71: This is a damn fine presidential announcement video: https://t.co/Q85Y9q1oeT (includes 2 gay couples per Michael B)
Reblogged this on Fairy JerBear's Queer World News, Views & More From The City Different – Santa Fe, NM and commented:
While I would prefer Sen Elizabeth Warren, sadly she has said she’s not running. I do think Hillary is vastly preferable to any candidate on the Republican side. Melanie makes some good points in this post..
Reblogged this on juniorstopdiscriminationtodaymayema.