By Melanie Nathan, April 12, 2105
Today Hillary Clinton will announce her candidacy for President of the United States of America. While she has yet to outline her campaign goals, the support amongst Democrats for her run has been enormous, with huge expectations by the Gays ( I use term Gays collectively here to represent LGBTI) community for an ally to continue the pro-equality stance of the Obama administration.
1) She is a WOMAN ….
2) We trust that Hillary Clinton will support Full Federal Equality Legislation for LGBT people, noting her evolution on the issue of equality for all to include lesbians, gays, bisexual and trans people;
3) Hillary Clinto supports decriminalization of global anti-homosexuality laws. While in the State Department Hillary came out voraciously against Uganda’s Kill the Gays Bill . “I’m well aware that you do your work often amidst difficult, even dangerous circumstances. I know that some of your lives have been threatened, your friends and families intimidated. But I want you to know that the United States is and will be your partner.” Hillary Clinton”;
4) Republicans who hate gays are terrified of Hillary… and that is a sign of her effectiveness;
5) Republicans will continue to use Hillary’s support of LGBT equality as a wedge issue which will continue to contribute – especially amongst the younger generation – to GOP implode;
6) As First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton lived the horror of DOMA and DADT under her husband’s pen – while we wonder what she did not do at the time to thwart his thinking – now she must make it right – redemption time and her heart is there! #FullyEVOLVED;
7) Hillary Clinton’s Human Rights Day speech has was indeed a historic moment not just for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights movement, but for the nation as a whole. She noted “gay rights are human rights”;
8) Hillary respects Marriage equality;
9) The Clinto Campaign Manager is openly Gay; and
10) Hillary Clinton undoubtedly has the support of MOST people in the LGBT community.
AND UPDATE 3.00 PM PST 4/12/15:
Hillary Clinton announces candidacy in Video on her website – here it is and note the inclusion on LGBT
Presidential candidacy announcement video: https://t.co/Q85Y9q1oeT
@#HILLARYforPRESIDENT #LGBTforHILLARY #HILLARY